This new moon on Monday February 8th is going void of course at 9:39 am MT and it will remain there until 1:32 pm MT on Tuesday. With this happening I wouldn’t recommend using the evening of Monday to set intentions but maybe take the time to meditate and go within to really figure out what your intentions are for the lunar cycle and see what things may be keeping you from being able to achieve them. Then with a clear mind and a clear path you are ready to set your intentions on Tuesday evening. Another thing to keep in mind is that the new moon will enter Pisces at 2:31 am MT on Tuesday which lends itself to do works that are related to dream-work, clairvoyance, telepathy, music and the creative arts. If you are looking to do some healing work this time is great to work on feet and the lymph glands.
On Monday night I would do a sacred bath ritual for clarity so that while I am soaking I can see very clearly my intentions for the upcoming lunar cycle. First, I would smudge the bathroom with some sage or my favorite, Palo Santo. Then I would burn a citrus smelling candle or just a white candle anointed towards me to bring me clarity and truth. I will draw my water, give it a blessing, then add the bath salts that I have created.
Clarity Bath Recipe
- 1/2 cup Epsom Salt – it helps to clear and ground you.
- 1/2 cup Sea Salt – it helps to purify and cleanse your aura.
- 1/4 cup of baking soda – helps disperse the essential oils and it is good for the skin.
- 1/4 cup of Coconut Milk (added directly to the bath) or use Coconut Milk powder and add it to the mix. It is associated with the feminine, the moon and water it brings purification, and protection. Coconut Milk powder is very fragrant and it is great for the skin.
- 20 drops of Lemon Sweet EO – it brings clarity, cleansing and uplifting.
- 1 tsp of Solomon’s Seal herbs – helps you with decision making.
After the bath I am in a good energetic and spiritual position to do a shamanic journey to visit with one of my spiritual allies. I can discuss with him/her my intentions and together we can discovering if there are any hidden energies that may work against me in bringing my intentions into manifestation.
On Tuesday the energy is favorable for setting those intentions. Since the energies of the evening are conducive for creative work I will probably create a sigil for said intentions and place it somewhere in my healing room or office. This evening also provide energies that will support dream-work so this is a good time to do so. This is the perfect time to do some crafting, like making a Dream-Work Oil and/or a Dream-Work medicine bag. If you like working with crystals this is a great opportunity to create a crystal grid to support you this evening in your dream-work.
Before going to bed this evening you can drink some Brigid Divination Tea and set your intention to do dream-work. Place your dream-work medicine bag under your pillow , mattress or on your night table and anoint yourself with some of the Dream-work Oil and go off to an adventure in dreamland. Don’t forget to write down all of your dreams and information you get the next morning. I hope you enjoy some of the ideas provided. If you do craft any of the suggested items feel free to comment on how it worked for you.
- 5 ml of Grapeseed carrier oil – it is known to have moon energies and increase mental power.
- 2 drops Cassia Bark – it helps to support astral projection
- 2 drops of Jasmine – it helps to induce prophetic dreams
- 4 drops of Lavender – it helps to induce prophetic dreams and
- 1 drop of Rosemary – to drive away nightmares and protection
- 1 drop of Wormwood – for protection, to increase psychic powers and to call forth spirits.
- pinch of Angelica (herb) – for protection and to support dream prophecy
- pinch of Mugwort (herb) – for protection, to increase psychic powers, support astral projection and induce prophetic dream
Dream-Work Medicine Bag
- Purple cloth – or one that you feel that goes with the theme of dream work (stars, moons, clouds)
- Blue Lace Agate – for protection and support of good dreams
- Amethyst – for protection, supports Dream- work, it dispels nightmares
- Blue Obsidian – for protection, increases psychic abilities, supports astral travel, promotes having good dreams and supports shamanic journeys
- A star of Anise – for protection from evil spirits, supports meditation and calls forth spirits
- Angelica (herb) – for protection and to support dream prophecy
- Mugwort (herb) – for protection, to increase psychic powers, support astral
- Vervain (herb) – for protection, peace and support sleep
- Anoint the bag with some Dream-Work Oil
Like always use the ingredients that you have at home and do your own personal research to ensure you do not have any adverse reaction when working with any of the ingredients listed in the recipes. The recipes are of my creation and are suggestions, feel free to personalize them to best suit your needs. There are many different crystals, oils, herbs that have similar attributes and energies feel free to exchange them. Many blessings to you and enjoy your New Moon!
Cosmic Daily Weather by Kaye Berjot